The Wooten 5

The Wooten 5

Friday, April 25, 2008

March Of Dimes 2008

I know it has taken a little while for me to post, but we had our March of Dimes walk on April 19. Team Wooten raised $1100.00 for the March of Dimes, and we had almost 30 people walking on our team. It turned out to be such an amazing day, although it was cold! It was an inspiration to hear all the stories of the other parents who had premature babies, and how well they have coped. Thanks to the March of Dimes, a lot of these children are alive and doing well.
I can remember so vividly the whole NICU experience. I don't think this will EVER go away. As hard as it was, I am thankful my children were afforded all the technology and medications they were. I am so thankful for the nurses there, they made such a difference, sometimes without even saying a word, but just offering a shoulder to cry on. For a few that were the boys primary nurse, they are now friends.
I am hoping to volunteer with the March of Dimes, and advocate as much as I can about premature birth and its devastating affects.
I will get some pictures from the walk up soon, also some new ones of they boys...it's been a while, but thats life with twins and a 4 year old!

No comments: