The Wooten 5

The Wooten 5

Monday, April 7, 2008

Out and About

On Saturday, we had such a busy day. In the morning we went over to my brother and wife's house to visit with my niece, she is absolutely in love with "her babies." After that it was on to Noah's T-Ball game, which happened to be at the same time the boys were due to eat. So here I was my first time feeding the boys outside of the house. Justin was coaching, both boys were crying, and other parents of Noah's team were offering to help feed them. I was uncomfortable with them feeding them, as since they were preemies, they take forever to feed, and have bad reflux on top of that. So after politely explaining to them why I declined it was time to feed. Thank goodness my sister in law was there to help hold Christopher while I fed Ethan. It was only a few minutes and then Justin took over with Christopher. I must say the boys did extremely well! After the game we did lunch with my brother, then stopped home to repack the diaper bag and get ready for the next outing. It was Justin's mom's birthday and we had dinner reservations in Chula Vista. We stopped in La Jolla to check out a beach side park, fed the boys again, (both doing really well again) then we met the family for dinner. The boys were so good, slept through dinner, didn't make a peep. Once we got home, it was feeding time again. Me being the paranoid person I am and overprotective, today was a hard day for me. I like to stick to a routine and schedule, and today I was thrown a curve ball. But seeing how well the boys did, made me realize that it's ok to venture outside "the schedule" a little bit. The hardest thing is making sure we had everything packed though. You don't realize how much each baby needs. Besides the obvious, diapers, wipes, bottles...you need a change of clothes, their medications, pacifiers, blankets. And since they have reflux, burp cloths...which I forgot...what a mess. I have decided to keep an emergency diaper bag in the car with clothes, diapers, wipes, binkies, blankets, burp cloths, bottles, and everything else we might need. All in all it was a good day.

No comments: